I’ve been very busy over the Bank Holiday weekend and I’ve finished a second Mongol artillery piece. People seemed to like the first one so I hope you like this one.
Once again it’s a Donnington artillery piece (ART 41) with Essex crew (CHN 20). It’s for the Art(O) bolt shooter. To be honest I think it looks like the Chinese have nicked a Roman design but it’ll do.
I experimented with a new lighting technique. It involves holding an incandescent daylight bulb alongside the camera. I’m quite pleased as these photos were taken just as it was getting dark and the backgrounds are quite light. Having said that I’m still not sure I got the depth of field right.
In addition to this piece, I finished the crew for the two remaining pieces this weekend. So it’s two down, two to do.