My most recent experience with DBMM was at the Northern DBM Doubles League (now with added DBMM & FOG for 2008). Chatting to the regular players it became clear that even they don’t expect to remember everything.
Anyway, during the games I had to deal with lots of shooting and combats where both elements were superior. This was almost impossible to do quickly using the grading grids I released last year because:
- It’s takes a fraction too long to find the right grid.
- The grids are organised by opponent not by your element.
- With superior vs. superior combats you have to look twice.
- I’ve reorganised the grids so that it’s clearer and uses less space.
- Added the basic combat factor table in the new space.
- Added colour coding (which I always try to avoid).
- Added a summary for superior vs. superior close combats.
I hope that the next time I use this the colours will guide my eye and when I’m doing combats between superior troops I’ll be able to check at a glance if the grading has an impact.
As usual the new version is available as a pdf download and all is feedback welcome.