Tuesday, 23 October 2012

15 TYW Dragoons - Completed

Nearly a fortnight ago I posted photos of the first two bases of dragoons for my Danish TYW army.  Amazingly I’ve finished the remaining four in record time (for me at least).  So here they are in all their glory:











As always click on the picture for warts and all shots. Donnington figures & horses.

What’s new for me is the arrangement of gravel, Stiflor tufts, Woodland Scenics bushes and static grass as inspired by the excellent work of Lurkio.

In basing these I learnt a couple of things:
  • The foam bushes are best stuck with UHU general purposes glue for instant adhesion.
  • The tufts are best dry brushed with a deep yellow to tie them in with the static grass.
  • The bushes benefit from a mid green dry brush and a second, and very light, dry brush with the same deep yellow.
This means the foliage is visually tied together but retains the underlying different shades of green.

1 comment :

Comments are always welcome but this blog no longer accept anonymous comments.