The scenario and system is really rather elegant and applicable to more than just DBMM as you can see from John’s original design:
detailed report has now been posted. This includes an alternative set of teams. There’s now a also deck of terrain cards to add further variety.
The Balkans 1370 AD – A DBMM Mini-Campaign
This is a six player, one day campaign using three tables with fixed terrain layouts. There are two teams of three players and each team has a captain as follows:
Team 1 - The Catalan Vengeance:
- The Catalan Company (Team Captain).
- Lusignan Cypriot (with John Hawkwood’s White Company).
- Serbian Empire.
- Late Ottoman (Team Captain).
- Anatolian Turcoman
- Rules - DBMM 1.0
- Army lists - DBM Book 4; 2nd Ed.
- Army size - 450 AP per army.
- The opposing captains each roll a d6; the winner becomes the defending team.
- Each captain records who is to play on each of the three tables.
- The opposing captains declare their assignment creating the first pairings.
- Each player rolls a d6. The defending player adds one to their score.
- The winner chooses their preferred side of the table.
- Players record their deployment and dice for deployment & weather as standard.
- All games take place in summer in a warm climate.
- Time limit - 2 ½ hours from the first bound.
- On victory, or time expiring, VPs are calculated for both sides as in DBMM v1.0.
- Captains rank their players based on the VPs gained in the first game, resolving any draws.
- The highest ranking players from opposing teams play on table 1; the middle on table 2 and the lowest on table 3.
- Choice of table side is determined as above.
- Each team's VP score for all six games is calculated.
- The team with the highest overall VP are the winners.
- © John Davies 2009